Friday, August 6, 2010

Commemorative Pre-Opening Guide to Epcot Center


During our vacation in the summer of 1982, guests got to take a ride on the monorail over to a new theme park opening later that year. The new park was to be called Epcot Center. Besides the ticket and a brochure we received, guests also were given a magazine called The Dawn of a New Disney Era...A Commemorative Pre-Opening Guide to Epcot Center. It is filled with tons of concept art, construction pictures, pre-opening pictures, and descriptions of the various attractions and lands in this future theme park. Now, somewhere I have some pictures my parents took. I'll have to see if I can find them along with my ticket and brochure. I'll save those for a future post.









On the back cover is a quote that illuminates what was to be Epcot Center:

If we can bring together the technial know-how of American industry and the creative imaginatioin of the Disney organization, I believe we can build a community that more people will talk about and come to look at than any other area in the world. --Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment